Access Funding – South Wales Valleys
Do you live in the South Wales Valleys? Are you an unemployed adult who just needs that little extra support to help you get a job and keep it? Then the Access Programme could be just for you.
What is the Access Programme?
Access provides vocational training grants to help you update your skills and improve your employment opportunities.
What’s in it for me?
You could receive:
- A vocational training grant of up to £1,500 to help you update your skills to return to work
- Up to £200 of extra support to help remove barriers to vocational training such as childcare or transport costs
- A recruitment and training element which could give your employer up to £3000 for employing you and a contribution towards the cost of training you
Am I eligible to take part?
To be eligible, you must:
- Live in the South Wales Valleys area (within the council authorities of Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Swansea or Torfaen)
- You are aged 18 or over (and you are not eligible for any other programmes, including European Social Fund programmes)
- Have been unemployed for 24 months or less and are registered with Jobcentre Plus
- Not have very much current, relevant and transferable work experience
- Have a reasonable chance of being ready for employment as a result of engaging with the Programme (within 6 months)
How do I find out more?
Contact your local Career Wales office on 0800 028 4844 for further information and advice.
What training can you complete through Karen Blake Coaching?
We offer a range of training that will support you on your journey to gaining a new job opportunity. They include:
- Employability Skills
- Essential Skills Wales Qualifications
- Outdoor Qualifications
We can be contacted on 01685 700946 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Access Programme is a Welsh Government initiative.