Level One Interview Skills
Credit Value: 3
To enable the learner to know how to prepare for and conduct self at an interview.
1. Understand how to prepare for an interview
Prepare for a job interview in terms of:
- appropriate dress
- knowledge of job details and requirements
- prior knowledge of the employer
- how to get to the interview.
2. Be able to communicate in an interview
Communicate clearly with interviewers in terms of:
- introducing self appropriately at the beginning
- demonstrating body language appropriate to an interview situation
- answering questions relevantly
- asking appropriate questions
- using appropriate language
- end of interview language
3. Be able to recognise personal strengths and weaknesses in relation to the interview performance
- Obtain feedback from interviewers
- Outline own performance and suggest improvements.