How many times have you heard someone say, “Assertiveness Skills?” I wish I could be more assertive at times.
Have you ever been put off by others? How many times have you told yourself that you could have handled a conversation better only to make the same mistakes over and over? Do you prefer to avoid confrontations and keep to yourself? Are you exploited by others?
What is the source of this feeling? Many people have the impression that circumstances or others have influenced them to do something they don’t want to do.
The complex mix of factors that influence how we react to events and people around us includes:
- Values and convictions
- Self-assurance and self-belief
- Feeling of self-worth
- Interpersonal relationships
- Experience, skills, and knowledge
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this course is for you. You’ll learn how to boost your self-esteem and speak up for yourself. No matter what we do in our jobs, we all have to deal with other people, whether they are aggressive or passive, and doing so well consistently requires a skill.
This course will assist you in mastering this ability. Having employees who can assert themselves will also benefit your company greatly. All points of view are considered, and miscommunication is reduced.
You will learn:
- What is assertiveness?
- What distinguishes assertiveness from aggressive or passive behaviour?
- How to construct sentences confidently to convey your message.
- How to use emotions to your advantage.
- How to present your point of view in a systematic and assertive manner.
- How to use body language to express and get what you want.
- What is passive-aggressive behaviour and how should it be handled?
- How to make your request.
- How to use nonverbal communication to distinguish between different behaviours.
- How to criticise and influence someone’s behaviour.
- How to respond to someone when your request is not registered using a variety of advanced techniques.
- How to Give Praise.
- How to deal with criticism.
- How to provide constructive feedback in a step-by-step manner.
- How to disagree while remaining friends.
- The proper way to say no.
This course can be delivered over 1 or 2 days (to include practical exercises) or as Remote Learning via Microsoft Teams.
For further information or to arrange a booking contact our administration team.