ReAct+ is a brand-new funding programme that builds on the achievements of earlier initiatives.
If you are between the ages of 18 and 24 and have not been enrolled in an educational programme, found employment, or are currently receiving redundancy notice, you may be eligible for up to £1500 in ReAct+ funding for training to help you find a job.
When taking a course, you can also be eligible for financial aid for childcare and travel expenses.
Your new employer may receive money if you accept a job offer after being laid off or unemployed within the previous 12 months.
What is ReAct+ Funding?
ReAct+ helps people who are redundant or unemployed in the past 12 months or under current notice of redundancy, or between 18 and 24 years old and not in education, employment or training.
Who is eligible for ReAct+
You must be:
- at least 18 years old,
- a resident of Wales with legal authorization to live and work in the UK, and one of the following to qualify for ReAct+ support:
- Under official notice of redundancy,
- Been made redundant or have been unemployed within the last 12 months
You are also qualified for ReAct+ assistance if you are 18 to 24 years old and not in education, working, or receiving training.
What is available?
You receive support that is uniquely suited to you and your circumstances. The goal of all assistance is to place you in a job as quickly as feasible.
- Up to £1,500 to help you get the relevant skills you need – Vocational Training Grant
- Up to £4,550 to help cover childcare/caring costs when you’re training
- Up to £500 of personal development support to help remove barriers to employment – Personal Development Support
- Mentoring and work experience
- Up to £300 of extra support towards additional costs when you’re training, including travel and accommodation
How ReAct+ could support your next employer
Have a prospective employer in mind? Employers can access ReAct+ support to help with the cost of wages and job-related training for an eligible new recruit.
You must not have worked for 6 weeks or more since your redundancy or unemployment before they apply. You also must not start working for your new employer until the support is approved.
How to apply?
If you wish to apply for the ReAct+ Scheme you first need to see an Adult Guidance Adviser at your local Careers Wales office on 0800 028 4844 to make an appointment.
Careers Wales can also supply you with an application pack.
Your prospective employer will need to contact Welsh Government on 03000 255 888 if they wish to apply for Employer Recruitment and Training Support.
Other help and support
Funding for learning if you are unemployed
If you are unemployed and claiming benefits:
- You can usually do some part-time study without it affecting your benefits. Check with Job Centre Plus before you start a course
- You might also get help with childcare and other costs.
What training can you complete through Karen Blake Coaching?
Give us a call on 01685 700946 and find out what training we can support you with to enable you to gain your next opportunity or have a complete career change! Karen Blake Coaching is on the Career Wales Training Provider list for Merthyr Tydfil and Blaenau Gwent. We also offer remote learning if you are unable to attend a site. Contact Us