What is Mentoring?
Mentoring is a dynamic process characterised by empathetic listening, mutual sharing of experiences, professional camaraderie, fostering insight through reflection, acting as a sounding board, and providing encouragement. As described by David Clutterbuck, Co-founder of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council, it’s a practice that nurtures personal and professional growth.
According to Eric Parsloe, Co-founder of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council and founder of The OCM, the purpose of mentoring is to empower individuals to take charge of their own learning. This, in turn, enables them to unlock their potential, enhance their skills, elevate their performance, and become the best version of themselves.
Benefits of Mentoring
Mentoring offers a wide array of benefits, impacting both personal and professional dimensions. These include:
- Empowerment and support in personal development.
- Guidance in identifying and achieving career goals.
- Assistance in recognising and addressing skill and knowledge gaps.
- Boosting self-confidence.
- Fostering a broader perspective on career choices and opportunities.
(Source: Southampton University)
Karen Blake Mentoring Service
Our mentors engage with mentees individually, offering various meeting options, including face-to-face, telephone, or virtual sessions through Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Our mentoring support includes:
- Valuable advice and guidance.
- Skill and knowledge development.
- Enhancement of communication skills.
- Gaining fresh perspectives.
- Career advancement by staying focused on your professional path.
To kickstart your mentoring journey, let’s start a conversation!
How it works:
Our mentoring program consists of monthly meetings or telephone appointments, with each session building upon the previous one. A minimum commitment of 6 sessions, each lasting one hour.
6 x 1-hour sessions – £300 or £50 per month
Please note that different fee structures may apply if your employer sponsors your mentoring. Contact us at email@example.com for details.
Appointments cancelled less than two working days in advance are subject to a fee equivalent to one hour of the coach’s time (i.e., £50). Cancellations on the day of the meeting or non-attendance will incur the full fee for the scheduled time.