Karen Blake Coaching Newsletter – September 2021
As with most businesses, COVID has presented me with challenges I never expected to face in the last year, but I am hopeful that as we enter the next academic year, we will continue to grow and be a part of an ever-growing community in Merthyr Tydfil.
Spending time alone and with little contact with the outside world as someone with a long-term health condition and disability has meant becoming self-aware of my mental health and developing coping mechanisms.
I’ve spent some time re-evaluating my business strategy in order for the company in which I’ve invested so much time and effort to grow to keep growing and progress. As a result, I’ve been able to maintain a positive, hopeful, and future-focused mindset.
Re-engaging with my business mentor and going back to basics after such a setback has included conducting a SWOT analysis of my business as it currently stands during COVID and how I want it to look in the next 12 months after COVID. Having a clear plan in place in the event that COVID lockdown restrictions are imposed again. I see it as an opportunity for growth and to improve.
The company is now using ZOOM, Microsoft Teams, and an eLearning website with Moodle integration to provide a more blended coaching and learning service.
I’ve decided to concentrate on our primary service of Career Coaching and Guidance, as well as a small number of related accredited and Continuing Professional Development courses, that would still be beneficial to your journey. They are as follows:
- Career Coaching Service
- Career Coaching for Schools
- Mentoring Service
- Employability skills
- Essential Skills Qualifications
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Leadership and Management
- Personal Development
Achievement for 2020/2021
It’s always a good idea to focus on the positive, and despite COVID, I’m proud of the accomplishments we’ve made. For example, KBC has received nominations for the following awards:
Professional Development Coach of the Year – Wales 2021
- My first book is about how to start a business, with helpful tips, tools, and advice, and is now for sale as eBook on Amazon and KBC website.
- KBC has developed an eLearning website called Karen Blake Academy.
- The KBC website has been rebranded for continued growth.
- Google has now placed me on the first page of results for career coach Merthyr Tydfil and Wales.
Everything that KBC has achieved would not be possible without teamwork. I have had the pleasure of being supported by great tutors, assessors and partner organisations. A huge ‘thank you’ to all and I look forward to continuing working with them heading into 2022.
What is next?
For the remainder of 2021 and 2022, I have a lot to look forward to, including continued collaboration with great organisations and the empowerment of people from all walks of life to achieve their goals.
- There is the continued development of the eLearning website.
- There is the development of an eLearning app, to make learning and coaching even more accessible.
- The employment of a Trainee Digital Marketing/Personal Assistant
For the past academic year, it has been a pleasure to support coachees and learners, thanks to the continued patience of tutors and coaches, as well as IT management.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, or suggestions about coaching, mentoring, or training services.